Hormonal Imbalance Plays Havoc with Skin
Hormones affect your skin. Any imbalances reflect in the texture of your skin.
Many of these problems arise among teens and during menopause and pregnancy.Hormones play an important role in them aintenance of your skin and the appearance of your skin texture.
How Does Hormonal Imbalance Affect the Skin?
- Skin pigmentation and discoloration occurs.
- You can end up having to cope with acne.
- Age spots develop.
- Eczema can develop.
- Skin break-outs can occur.
- Skin gets dehydrated.
- You can end up with itchy skin.
You should be aware of the symptoms of hormonal imbalance. It will help to identify the problem.
Symptoms of Hormonal Imbalance
- Hot flashes
- Sleeping problems
- Night sweats
- Mood swings
- Memory impairment
- Bad thoughts
- Irregular periods
- Vaginal dryness
- Low sex drive
- Excessive weight gain
Treating hormonal imbalance and practicing proper beauty care helps us maintain better skin. How?
Treatment of Hormonal Imbalance for Better Skin
- Eat the right types of food. A good diet is essential to maintain good health.
- Omega-3 oils are good for balancing hormones.
- Flax seed oil or powder is a great hormonal balancing food.
- Walnuts, pumpkin seeds and fish can also balance your hormones.
- You should include plenty of fruits and vegetables in your everyday diet.
- Drink plenty of water. It prevents dehydration of the skin.
- Avoid consuming frizzy drinks. They can dehydrate you even more than usual.
- You should control your caffeine intake as it will affect the skin and is not good for your health.
- Smoking is bad for your skin, so avoid it. It causes acne and aging of the skin.
- Exercise to control your weight. It will help to improve hormonal imbalance. Walking is a good form of exercise for those who are unfit.
- You should consult a dermatologist to ascertain the exact causes of skin problems and how to deal further with hormonal imbalance and the side effects.
Hormones play an important role in your everyday health.Any imbalances can reflect in your physical health, including your skin. Proper functioning hormones reflect in healthy and glowing skin. Take care of your health to maintain proper balance of hormones.