How to Make Carrot Oil
Well, carrot oil might sound unusual, but it is actually very helpful in getting that soft, supple skin which is very pleasing to the eye and at the same time very soft to touch. Instead of using all those lotions which have preservatives and chemicals, it is better to use a natural oil and avoid unwanted allergic reactions. It is very easy to make carrot oil and it is very beneficial for the skin and hair. Carrot oil contains vitamins which help in healing damaged skin and they certainly help in warding off the dreaded aging signs. And, carrot oil also helps in hair growth.
Things You Will Require
- 2 Carrots
- Food processor or grater
- Olive, almond or coconut oil
- Crock pot
- Glass jar
Steps for Making Carrot Oil
Follow these simple steps to make your very own carrot oil:
- Peel the skin of both the carrots with the help of a hand peeler.
- Next, grate them by hand or simply blend them in a food processor. The procedure does not really matter, the end result should be just grated carrot.
- Put this grated carrot in a crock pot and pour some oil of your choice, make sure that the grated carrot is covered properly with oil. Out of all the oils, it is ideal to use coconut or olive oil.
- Cover up the crock pot and cook them at a very low flame. This will make the carrots settle down at the bottom and get soaked in the oil properly. Once they are soaked, the carrots will become soft and the oil will be orange in color.
- Next step is to transfer these contents into a mesh strainer and strain the oil. Transfer the oil into a nice glass jar.
- Cover the jar with a tight lid and store it in a cool place, or even in the refrigerator. Use until needed.
Usage of Carrot Oil
You can use carrot oil in the following ways:
- Take some carrot oil in your palm and smoothly rub it on your skin, it will add elasticity to your skin and at the same time will help in fighting wrinkles.
- Massage some carrot oil into your hair. It will help in promoting hair growth and at the same time will also help in relieving stress.
- Massaging carrot oil on your skin will also help in preventing age spots.
It is very easy to make carrot oil and using it is very beneficial not only for the skin but also for the hair.