Top 4 Tips To Cure The Cracked Lip Corners
It was a beautiful evening with a fine company to enjoy, soft music playing in the background, and delicious food and dessert to complete the night. But, I was a bit tensed about my
Cracked Lip Corners
. I tried to conceal the dry corners with a bright shade of lipstick, but the red splits were getting more and more painful. Lip balm, petroleum jelly, anti fungal cream or simple home made scrubs can be used to cure the
cracked lip corners
Home Made Scrub To Cure Somatitis:
Cosmetic scrubs are usually laced with harsh chemicals that may not suit all, in that case use this simple home scrub until the cracks heal.
- A few tablespoons of very fine rice flour
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon almond oil
Mix all the ingredients into a fine mixture, and very gently exfoliate the delicate lip skin.
Avocado & Banana Scrub For Cracked Corners Of The Lips:
Avocado makes the dry and rough lip skin smooth. Banana eases irritation, and swelling, and makes the lips soft and supple.
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Banana
- Little sugar
Blend avocado and banana in a fine paste. Add a little sugar to a tablespoon of this mixture and very gently scrub the splits of the lips.
Moisturizers To Cure Perleche:
Olive oil, flaxseed oil, avocado oil, coconut oil are some of the oils that can be used to make lip moisturizing solution at home.
- Â½ tbsp olive oil
- Â½ tbsp coconut oil
Mix equal quantities of the oils well and use it frequently on the lips after using the home made scrubs to exfoliate the dead and dry skin.
Honey To Heal Angular Cheillitis:
Honey has anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties. It is one of the easiest treatments to cure the lip cracks.
- Apply honey on your lips directly using a cotton swab or fingers through out the day.
Honey heals and moisturizes the parched lips and its corners and prevents the infection from spreading.
Causes Of Split Lips:
In some cases these painful, cracked sores around the mouth even bleed, making it absolutely difficult for the sufferer to even open the mouth. Some also witness a white coat on their tongue. These lesions can appear to be paper cuts which are red, dry, flaky, tender, and stinging in nature. Here are some of the causes why we suffer split lip corners.
- Fungal infection is the most common cause.
- Bacterial or viral infection.
- Iron and Zinc deficiency.
- Poor, undernourished diet.
- Allergic reaction to lipstick or toothpaste.
- Extreme sun exposure.
- Overtly dry and chapped lips.
- Poor fitting dentures.
- Thumb or pen sucking.
What Not To Do?
- Don’t use alcohol or menthol based creams. This will further dry the chapped lips.
- Don’t lick the splits to make them moist. It will spread the bacteria or fungus to the lips. If the cause is fungal or bacterial infection.
- Don’t go out in the harsh winter season, or stay too close to the fire. This will worsen the condition.
- Don’t suck on the pens and fingers.
- Don’t continue wearing the badly fit dentures.
What To Do?
- Consult your doctor or a medical practitioner to prescribe an anti-fungal cream.
- Eat a healthy diet, full of vitamins, calcium, protein, iron and zinc to overcome any nutritional deficiencies.
- Get the dentures adjusted to the right fit.
- In case of mild cracks, use an unscented lip balm or petroleum jelly.
- Use anti-fungal creams for cracks after consulting your doctor.
cracked lip corners
persist even after trying all the mentioned remedies, then it’s advisable to contact your doctor before it spreads to the surrounding facial areas.